Sunday, June 13, 2010

IIT GUWAHATI INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE


I got a call for interview from IIT Guwahati to be held on 7th June 2010 for Ph.D Program. I was facing the first Ph.D interview of my life just after doing my B.Tech. So this was a matter of pressure.
All my competitors were Masters Holders and I was just a Bachelor. I had applied here for control systems.
When I entered the interview hall the interviewers said you have just finished your Bachelors. Without having a Masters Degree how can you achieve excellence in research?
I said achieving excellence depends on mind set up of the candidate and I am destined to pursue a research oriented career.
Then they asked a lot of questions about B.Tech project.
Then came the time of questionnaire of control systems.
1. Why is PI controller beneficial for control systems?
2. Why we seldom use PID controllers?
3. Write the state space equations and solve.
4. What is LTI System?
5. What do you mean by State Transition Matrix?
6. How does STM affect the System output?
7. Name a few Devices where state may change internally without any Input.
8. What do you mean by a Stable Stable.
9. What are the different Types of Stability?
10. In Exponential stability what is the constant beta called?

No comments:

Post a Comment